Friday, August 29, 2014

NEW Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks: Review & Swatches!

I know my fellow makeup obsessed friends will understand me when I say that I was giddy excited to come across the display for the new Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte lipsticks!! There was a beautiful, pink and red adorned display, shining from above the regular Maybelline section at Target, and I could hear it calling my name. "Leslie, Leslie...you need to take all of us home with you!" So I was a good little girl and only picked up 5 colors...and then went back and got another 3. ;)

They were $5.49 each, so a great price! 

The first 5 shades I picked up were Darlingly Nude, Ravishing Rose, Mesmerizing Magenta, Craving Coral, and Divine Wine.

Left to right: Darlingly Nude, Ravishing Rose, Mesmerizing Magenta, Craving Coral, and Divine Wine

And now for swatches! 
Left to right: Darlingly Nude, Ravishing Rose, Mesmerizing Magenta, Craving Coral, and Divine Wine

And then for my second trip to Target (at about 10:45pm before they closed), I grabbed these three shades: Nude Embrace, Lust for Blush, and Siren in Scarlet.


Left to right: Nude Embrace, Lust for Blush, and Siren in Scarlet

Here are those swatches! 
Left to right: Nude Embrace, Lust for Blush, and Siren in Scarlet

My favorites would definitely be Daringly Nude, Craving Coral, and Siren in Scarlet. The only shade I'm seriously considering returning is Nude Embrace. While it swatches nicely on my arm, it has a very taupe hue on my lips. It's definitely not a flattering shade for me! 

As far as the formula goes on these, they're very nice! They feel much like the regular Color Sensational lipsticks upon first application. I was surprised by how creamy they feel when applying them! After wearing them for a few minutes, they seem to dry down a bit and begin to feel more like a matte lipstick. 

The only thing I would really note about these lipsticks is that they do not feel like a traditional matte lipstick, which can be a good or a bad thing. If one thing you love about your favorite matte lipsticks is their tackiness, dryness, and "stick power" (aka not having to worry about the dreaded bleeding edges or even more dreaded...the lipstick tooth!), then you may either a) want to try out some of these and see what you think of the formula or b) wear them with a lip liner. They just seem to feel like a much creamier formula than typical matte lipsticks, which makes them very comfortable to wear but also seem like they could possibly travel a bit more than you might expect. 

These have the same scent as the other Color Scensational lipsticks, and they last on the lips the same amount of time. 

Final verdict: I love them! While I do like the (not overly crazy) dry side of matte lipsticks for their "stick power," I do really love the color range here and the way these look on the lips!  I highly recommend them!!  

7 comments:

  1. Are these part of the permanent collection, or LE? Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the hunt of these lipsticks. wish they were in my country. I should try to purchase them online somewhere :) great colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still searching for these I cw been to Target and no luck ! Today I am going to HEB and Walgreens fingers crossed ������

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the colors..i got lust for blush..my new obsession of color..still hoping to get a good formula in..and i got ravishing rose.i hate the formula so badly..and i have been a lipstick buyer..wear er many years...i hate them..dry..shows each line..horrible..maybe younger gals can do this..but older women..noo..........i adore the colors prob more than any colors in a brand last year too..i want give mine away and very sad as lust for blush..i want one so bad..i love the color..just too dry..sad face..i have a dupe in milani on way..im sacred will be the same..even mac matte's, any..i do not think older can pull off as well as youth..awwwwww things change for some of us ,i love your site doll..xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need to pull my lip brush out..ha..and use it..try them with that..and..i wish more liners..came in the lust for blush color..i found a revlon..colorstay...soft pink..its a lavender type like this..and got only one in a store..all companies need to get some lip liners out with more range for these new colors..i hope xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. if maybelinne would dupe each color inn a creme..high pigment..no frost, shine or pearl..they would be am assive hit as the colors..have outdone prob all..brands last year..i love the colors..

    ReplyDelete