Saturday, September 26, 2015

Hard Candy Just Glow! Baked Illuminating Duo: Swatches & Review

I went into Walmart recently for something, and of course, found myself in the Hard Candy section, surrounded by several new releases! So I grabbed a few to review for you guys. ;)

First off, they've released some new Just Glow! Baked Illuminating Duos in Twinkle Star & Candle Lit. These retail for $8 at Walmart. First off, the packaging is a bit strange on these. It has two sizes to it which are connected by a middle section holding a little, (rather scratchy), brush. It almost reminds me of a pair of eyeglasses or something!



Hard Candy Just Glow! Baked Illuminating Duos in Twinkle Star & Candle Lit


Hard Candy Just Glow! Baked Illuminating Duos in Twinkle Star & Candle Lit

Now, let's get to the product. Oh the product... If you're looking at the swatches below, especially for Candle Lit and saying to yourself, "What am I looking at?" Yeah, I'm asking myself the same question. Twinkle Star is not very pigmented at all, but it contains lots and lots of glitter.  And then Candle Lit just doesn't have much pigmentation. My only thought is that maybe they were trying to create an Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder type feel with this one?  But if so, it really doesn't seem to hold the same impact as those, in my opinion. It doesn't show up on my skin, and I'm about a NC20, so most things will show up on me. And the texture is pretty chalky, sadly. :(



Hard Candy Just Glow! Baked Illuminating Duo in Twinkle Star



Hard Candy Just Glow! Baked Illuminating Duo in Twinkle Star


Hard Candy Just Glow! Baked Illuminating Duo in Candle Lit



Hard Candy Just Glow! Baked Illuminating Duo in Candle Lit

So all in all, I'm pretty disappointed in these.  I love Hard Candy's blushes and their other powder products, but these just fell short in comparison to those, in my opinion. 


6 comments:

  1. Man! I was dying to try this when I saw it, but glad I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're pretty disappointing :(

      Delete
  2. I don't think they are meant to leave obvious color. If you read the back of the package it says something about blurring imperfections and soft focus glow. I think they are meant to function like HG powders. Most of HG powders you don't pigmented colors but yet they hide imperfections and make you look healthy. I just got these i don't want to judge them yet. When applied like a finishing powder i did like the result. I definitely don't think they are meant to be like becca highlighters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I definitely don't think they're meant to be like Becca Highlighters. That's why I mentioned the Hourglass powders. I think that's what they were going for. But I've tried the Hourglass ones and sadly, these just don't perform the same way as those do for me. The lighter one doesn't do much of anything (because the Hourglass powders do show up on me), and the darker ones are just chunky glitter and that's about it. :(

      Delete
  3. Wish I would have read this review before buying twinkle star. I thought this would be similar in texture & pigmentation to 3x A Lady trio. Nope, this is a chalky, glittery mess. Too late to return, so this is another tossable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. These are absolute garbage, I gave them to my 8 year old to play with. Waste of money. Will be investing in a real set like the hourglass one. I should have known..my experience with hard candy stuff hasn't been great, I think their products are ok for 12 year olds playing with makeup but a chalky glittery nightmare for everyone else.

    ReplyDelete